Congratulations to all of our FFA Teams for advancing to the National FFA Competition (Career Development Events). ABSS teams competed this week against more than 65,000 students from across the United States in Indianapolis.
Two Southern Alamance High School students scored in the top 10 in the nation: Julia Allred placed 5th in Floriculture and Paicey Cameron placed 9th in Nursery Landsape.
The Floriculture Team placed 3rd in the Nation: Team members Julia Allred, Cohen Brantley, Shea Kirkpatrick, Carter Tumey and advisor Nick Anders.
SAHS sent seven teams to represent the state of North Carolina setting a record for the most teams from one state in FFA history.
The teams as well as individuals were awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold placements.
Below are our teams and their accomplishments:
- Floriculture: Team members are Julia Allred, Cohen Brantley, Shea Kirkpatrick, Carter Tumey and advisor Nick Anders. Awards: 3rd place in the nation, Julia Allred, 5th place individual. 4 individual Gold Placements, Gold Placing Team
- Nursery Landscape: Team members are Paicey Cameron, Meredith Thornton, Chris Howlett, Faith Moore and advisor Nick Anders. Awards: Paicey Cameron, 9th place individual, 3 individual Gold Placements, 1 individual Silver Placement, Gold Placing Team
- Agricultural Sales: Team members are Elayna DiLello, Emma Evans, Jessie Perez, Katie Graves and advisor Nick Anders. Awards: 1 Gold Placement, 2 Silver Placements, 1 Bronze Placement, Silver Placing Team
- Forestry: Team members are Trent Slaughter, Eli Zachary, Aspen Tullai, Colton Belcher and advisor Austin Drake. Awards: 1 Gold Placement, 3 Silver Placements, Silver Placing Team
- Vet Science: Team members are Frankie Mahaney, Addison Holliday, Nicholas Rymal, Allee Coble and advisor Tasha Dawson. Awards: 3 Silver Placements, 1 Bronze Placements, Silver Placing Team.
- Dairy and Milk: Team members are Lexi Hester, Makayla Hoell, Grace Patterson, Hayley Spraggins and advisor Tasha Dawson. Awards: 4 Silver Placements, Bronze Team Placement.
- Environment Natural Resource: Team members are Brandan Pasour, Riley Senecal, Lindsey Maness, Haleigh Cornelison and advisor Scott Sublett. Awards: 2 Silver Placements, 2 Bronze Placements, Bronze Team Placement.